Terms & Conditions
• Be at least 18 years old.
• Accept responsibility for payment.
• Be authorised to enter into the agreement.
• Accept that we retain discretion to accept or decline your request.
Our service includes
• Collection of the deceased within England & Wales.
• Provision of a simple coffin, suitable vehicle & staff.
• Care of the deceased and preparation as necessary including removal of surgical devices.
• Provision of refrigerated environment during the care.
• Liaison with doctors and/or coroner, including disbursements and arrangement of the collection and lawful cremation of the deceased.
• Assisting the customer with crematorium paperwork, by telephone, post and e-mail, and keeping them informed as to progress as necessary.
• Non-attended cremation including all related fees.
• Scattering of the ashes in the crematorium garden of remembrance or return by hand usually within 28 days of the cremation.
The cremation will take place at a time, date and crematorium of our choosing.
The cremation is unattended, which means that only crematorium professionals who are looking after the deceased will be present. You will not be able to view the deceased after they are taken into our care.
Our service may be subject to conditions beyond our control.
Completion of service
We use trusted service delivery partners from time to time in order to complete parts of our service where required.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 give you the right to terminate this agreement within the 14 day cooling-off period.
If you wish the completion of the agreement to commence before the end of the cooling-off period, you must sign the waiver form which will be provided to you. In the event that you exercise the right to cancel this contract during the cooling-off period, you will be required to pay a reasonable amount for any costs already incurred.
Either party may cancel the agreement before cremation takes place.
Such cancellation instruction must be in writing via email to: email@example.com
OR via Post to:
Admin, Celebration of Life Cremations, 57 Parker House, Centenary Plaza, SOUTHAMPTON, SO19 9UG
• Full name (decision maker) and Address
• Full name of the deceased and address
• Contact information for acknowledgment (Address/Email)
• A ‘request for cancellation’ in writing
Cancellation will be acknowledged by Celebration of Life Cremations Ltd in writing.
You may be asked to pay a reasonable amount based on the work carried out up to the point your cancellation is received.
Our fee must be paid in full prior to collection of the deceased.
We accept payment via debit or credit card and bank transfer.
Valuables and personal effects
Where jewellery or valuables are on or about the deceased please remove such items before collection as we cannot guarantee their safekeeping. If the collection has already taken place and you believe there to be jewellery that needs to be returned, then please advise us as soon as possible.
Nothing in these terms restricts or limits our liability for death or personal injury.
Otherwise, our total liability to you for any breach or negligence relating to provision of our service, is limited to the amount of our fee.
Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights.
If you would like to make a complaint please contact either by phone, email or post:
Telephone – 0800 014 6500
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Post – Complaints (Admin), Celebration of Life Cremations, 57 Parker House, Centenary Plaza, SOUTHAMPTON, SO19 9UG
Should you remain dissatisfied you can seek an alternative dispute resolution through the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
These terms are subject to English law.
We submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales in the event of a dispute.