How does a Direct Cremation work?
What is a Direct Cremation?
Cremation without ceremony
A direct cremation is where the body of the deceased is collected from home, hospital, hospice, care home or a funeral director and taken to be cremated privately with no service or mourners in attendance. The ashes are then returned by hand to the family if requested or scattered in the crematorium’s memorial garden.
This gives you the freedom to choose a date that suits everyone who matters to hold a truly special day of remembrance for your loved one, with the ashes if you choose.
We never hide any costs. In fact, we only have one price for everyone.
Here’s what’s included:
- Expert help and guidance throughout
- Simple to arrange collection – No need to visit an undertaker
- Collection from home, hospital, hospice, care home or a funeral director
- Solid pine eco-coffin individual for each person of any size
- Transfer to a crematorium of our choice in a specialist ambulance
- All fees and taxes including crematorium costs for unattended cremation
- Doctor’s fees (if these apply)
- Hand delivery of the ashes or scattering in garden of remembrance
- We never charge extra for a home, care home or hospice collection
- We can provide urgent 24/7 collection from home, care home or hospice at no extra cost
A Celebration of Life Cremation is £1,595
We don’t have any additional costs as we already include everything.
Our Direct Cremation service is simple to arrange so you don’t have to visit a funeral director and gives you the freedom to plan the right send-off when you’re ready.
To arrange a collection and cremation call us on
0800 014 6500
Celebrations of Life Ideas
People celebrate the life of their loved ones in many different ways.
Some are more traditional including religious ceremonies, home gatherings, spreading of ashes or garden parties. Whereas others do something a little more unusual.
Only you can know what your loved one would have wanted but sometimes a little inspiration can go a long way with planning the perfect send-off.
We’ve put together some of our customers’ experiences to help inspire you during this difficult time in creating a special final goodbye for your loved one. If you would like to share your story with us to help others, we would love to hear from you.